Wednesday, May 19, 2010

From Start to Finish - Mooin, The Bear's Child, Part 2

It's color study time!


Although I'm still working on (and constantly thinking about) my final composition, a color study is still a helpful exercise to do.  (Plus, it's due this Monday in CBookII.)  After much deliberation, I have decided to go with my first idea of painting on pine wood, with burned-in accents. 


When I told him this, my husband asked me, "If one of your problems is that you haven't stuck to a certain style, why are you trying this new style on a new project?"  That is a valid point, but I told him what I'm going to tell you now:  If I don't experiment enough with different techniques, how will I know which I love the most?

Also, I have already done a project using this techniques, and I really enjoyed it.  This is a part of said project:


I did quite a bit of research and messing around to figure out the kind of look I was going for, and came up with this rainbow of colors:


(These are my happy acrylic paints.  I use the student grade stuff for now.)
And my color comp:

Let's see what teacher thinks in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment