Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Visiting Artist: Judith Moffatt

Tonight in Children's Book Illustration 2, we had guest illustrator Judith Moffatt come and talk about her art.  Judith works with cut paper, and it is some GREAT art!  It was a fun visit- we got to see how she works from start to finish, and she brought in samples of original pieces as well as books that have been published.  She is a very funny and kind person, and we have lots of things in common- (like being a label freak, LOVING a piece of paper so much all I can do is horde it, and an awe of nature.  My favorite color for the majority of my life had been purple as well, although now teal has taken over!)

One of the coolest parts of meeting her was that I found out she regularly submits her work to National Wildlife Federation's "Wild Animal Baby" Magazine, and I have a stack of 23 of them!  Needless to say, I am now happily bookmarking every page that features her art in all of my magazines.  Judy, if you're reading this, Thanks for a fun night!  You can see her art here, on her site: http://www.judithmoffatt.com/  Ms. Moffatt also has a blog: http://msmoffatt.blogspot.com/



The main reason for her visit was to help the class understand a bit more of our next project...can you guess?  A cut paper, collage or other 3D technique.  It's going to be fun, but complicated.  All I have to do now is finish the first project... I'll have proof that it's done here on my blog soon!

We haven't done anything since "Old Pig" in my Writing for Children class, because the last two weeks have been cancelled due to illness, and then to the flooding.  Oh the flooding!  It's times like these I wish I was a millionaire so I could help all those people who are now homeless, or are in need of water heaters, or could just use a break from the mess.  My heart goes out to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment