Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Other Ways I Spend My Time: Yorkie in the Garden Cake!

Why... hellooo.

So I've been dying to work on a painting all week- (almost TWO weeks, actually) but I had to focus on a few important things, run too many errands, and spend time with actual people instead of tubes of paint. (And it was so nice!) Oh, and we made another cake!

I sort of went all out on this one, because I'm in the arty mood, and because the customer was kind enough to give my husband and myself free flight vouchers to Mickey's House last January. So I owe him big time! (I totally wish this one could be a permanent fixture, made of a plastic of some sorts, because all I want to do is feel the texture of the butter cream... but we all know what would happen if I touched the real thing. Mayhem.)




Kinda cute, kinda Springy, and nice and colorful. It even has my two favorite stinky-flowers: purple hyacinths and bunches of lilacs. A new personal favorite!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie,
    I've visited your blog a few times during the Kidlit auction as it appears we were interested in similar items. I just wanted to say hello and let you know I like looking at your art work and your too-pretty-to-eat cake designs.

    ReplyDelete