Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Drawing Children: More Gestures and Poses

We drew a very tall first-grader in class last night! He was such a cute little gentleman, and the BEST model (he stood quite still) we've ever had. Our instructor reminded us to stay loose and free, and to capture the body's movement and overall proportions before getting into details; "structure before likeness." Then we moved onto longer poses so we could have the chance at putting down some solid lines. It was a great lesson!







I have NO idea why these pictures keep loading sideways like this. Blogger can be a little weird at times... (I swear it isn't me! I'm not a wizard but I know what I'm doing!) Our next assignment is to draw three pictures of a child with an adult. I guess we'll see what I come up with. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. As a writer, I am fascinated with watching an artist at work, and seeing your sketches. I've always been partial to sketches and would like to have sketches all over my walls.

    ReplyDelete